Actual research projects in Sports Medicine:
University Clinic of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Clinical Nutrion
- Exercise-related fuel metabolism and glucose stability in type 1 diabetes
Swiss National Science Foundation, Primary Investigator C. Stettler
- The effect of dietary fat load and physical exercise on the flexibility and partitioning of ectopic (intramyocellular, intrahepatocellular, intramyocardial) lipids
Swiss National Science Foundation, Co-Investigator C. Stettler
Paediatric Endocrinology, Diabetology & Metabolism, University Children’s Hospital
- Collaborative Study: The effect of different intensity zone periodization models on sub-elite athletes.
Swiss-Ski - Haus des Skisportes, Worbstrasse 52, Postfach 252, CH-3074 Muri bei Bern
University Bern Primus-E. Mullis, Prof. Dr., Paediatric Endocrinology, Diabetology & Metabolism, University Children’s Hospital, Inselspital, CH-3010 Bern
University of Agder Kristiansand, Norway Stephen Seiler PhD FASCM
Professor and Dean, Faculty of Health and Sport Sciences, University of Agder, Senior Research Consultant- Norwegian Olympic Federation Executive Board Member- European College of Sport Sciences
University Clinic of Cardiology
- Swiss National REGistry on Sudden Death in Athletes (swissregard.ch)
- Heart Rate Variability as a marker of cardiac autonomic control. Measuring stress and recovery in elite athletes.
This project aims at determining the influence of training in elite athletes on cardiac autonomic activity under the aspects of sex difference and different training loads. Next to the use of standard HRV measurements, we are developing new methodologies for nocturnal measurements.
This project is conducted in collaboration with the Swiss national ski federation (www.swiss-ski.ch).
The study is supported by funding from the Schweizerische Gesellschaft für Sportmedizin (SGSM).